Friday, August 3, 2012

Week of 7/30 to 8/3

This week we stayed in the house most of the week.  We kept passing this stupid cold around to each other it has not been fun! :(  On a good note, we are all feeling much better.  We all just have a little bit of a cough.  Today was a good busy day, I woke up and went to the gym with a friend that I go to women's bible study with and we ran a few miles on the treadmill.  Then I had to get ready for Greyson's mustache birthday bash tomorrow!  I made a few big signs with a 2, GMAN, and a giant mustache painted on them...Brandon is going to use his dremel to cut them out in the morning.  Yesterday I made some homemade sugar cookies in the shape of mustaches and homemade frosting (I am not happy with the frosting, I couldn't get it black...it ended up a gray color). I made homemade vanilla cupcakes and my fav swiss meringue butter cream frosting today with little mustaches on the top.


I finished up getting the veggie tray ready and made sure all the decorations and goody bags (actually they are goody cups filled with candy) are ready to take to the park tomorrow.
These little --I hope you had a FAN{tache}Tic time at my 2nd Birthday Party--will be attached to the little cups below.  I love all of the little mustaches I added to the cups, it just cracks me up!  


While I did all this Greyson was napping...Brandon was napping...and Liv was napping with her horse. 
hahaha!!  She sure loves her horses!!  I got so much done while everyone was sleeping, it amazes me what I can accomplish without any interruptions.  We had a fun evening, with Brandon the Grill Master making some amazing chicken! (yes...he is wearing my apron! lol) 
 I asked Gman to smile for me...this is what I got! LOL!!

The night ended with some Popsicles on the porch, bathtime for the kiddos and before we knew it, it was past there bed time!  We had such a good day, so blessed to have all that we do...and especially blessed that we are together as a family.  I think that us being sent here was a blessing in disguise because everyone that we know from Rucker was/is currently/or is about to get deployed.  We will be finding out any day about Brandon's application for the fixed wing packet he submitted.  Today marks our 1 year in Korea, it really has flown by.  I know we will enjoy our last year here...then we are USA BOUND! :)           


   

No comments:

Post a Comment