Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday July 24, 2012

So far this week has been great!  Yesterday Liv & G started swimming lessons.  I was nervous because I have to be in the water with them and I wasn't sure I could juggle both of them for 45 minutes in the water.  Greyson didn't last the whole 45 minutes, he was too cold (he is a big chicken when it comes to being cold) but I couldn't get Liv out of the water!  My arms are sore today from holding them afloat and catching them a million times as they took turns jumping off the side of the pool into the water.  After that we went and played basketball.  When I say 'play basketball' I mean the kids run around, throw basketballs, dive on the rock climbing mats and go up and down the bleachers....while I shoot hoops and pretend I am good.  We had a little time before Greyson's 2 year well baby check-up so we drove to the mail room and got a box of goodies and toys for G from Grandma & Grandpa Lee!  Thank you so much!  Greyson's appointment went great, he does great at the doctor and he was making everyone laugh of course.  He is as healthy as a little boy can be >>weight=28.2 lbs 53% and height=35.4" 77%<<  

Today was a chill day.  I cleaned the house, got all the laundry done, and mopped all the floors (which always takes forever!)  After Greyson's 4 hour nap we went to Splish n' Splash with Megan, Karlyn, Jen, McKenna, and Addi.  The kids loved the pool and water slides of course, G is still a little scared but he is getting better.  I love having the water park only 5 minutes away from my house.  Greyson told me "les go home" once he had enough water play time.  I ran to get the mail quick while I was on post and had a HUGE box from Grandma and Grandpa Lee for Greyson for his birthday. (Thanks again!!!)  He was so excited that he was shaking trying to open his new little people barnyard and radio flyer scooter!  I was surprised when he hopped on the scooter and just started going around the kitchen, Liv couldn't wait for a turn and kicked him off so I opened the barnyard toy.  They played for hours with the barnyard, I had to put it on the kitchen table to make them eat their dinner.  Olivia claimed that the horse that came with it is her horse!  After our nightly ritual of bath time, milk, brush teeth, story time, and prayers I was overcome with joy as I was about to shut Greyson's bedroom door and he yelled "MOMMY" ---I walk over to his crib and he throws his arms up to me---"Huggins mommy"--Then he gave me the tightest hug and said "love you mommy"!  I couldn't help but shed a tear.  It is all these little moments with my munchkins that matter the most.  Tomorrow we are off to story time playgroup in the morning at the library on post and then we also have swim lessons in the afternoon again.  -Love-Michelle 


No comments:

Post a Comment